How To Avoid Facebook Spam Wall Posts Of Friends Without Offending Them
One of the common problems of Facebook users all over the world is the infamous Facebook spam wall posts and it can sometimes come from your closest friend – pretty annoying isn’t it? And if you are not very careful on asking your friend to stop posting those spammy wall post messages then you’ll end up arguing with each other or worst misunderstanding will start to flare up. So to avoid this kind of argument and resolve your problem the easiest and quietly, I have here a step-by-step on how you can avoid these Facebook spam wall posts on your news feed. There’s no coding involve, you just need to tweak some settings from your Facebook Timeline.
Step-by-step and Unoffending Way To Stop Facebook Spam Wall Posts
Option 1: Selective Blocking or Hiding Wall Posts
1. Hover your mouse on the top-right side of your friend’s wall post from your Facebook Timeline News Feed;
2. Click Hide;
3. You will now noticed that the message of wall post is now hidden from your News feed. You have the option now, to either make it stay hidden or unhide it.
Option 2: Manage Wall Post Updates From Your Friend
Continuing from the first option I have provided above here’s another one if you want to tweak more and manage your friend’s wall posts on your News feed you can follow these.
1. From the image above (Option 1, step 3), hover your mouse over Change what updates you get XXXXXX;
2. Select from the list what kind of updates you wanted to see from your friend to display on your News feed or totally Unsubscribe from all of his/her wall posts updates. By unsubscribing doesn’t mean that you have to unfriend them. It only gives you the control not to see your friend’s Facebook spam wall posts.
Option 3: Organize who you see in news feed
I guess this is the last option I could give unless you wanted to completely unfriend him/her. This is one of the features of Facebook Timeline which is not really visible from your Privacy Settings (well, as of writing this if I might say so).
1. Copy and paste the link from the last part of this step on a web browser, and of course press the Enter key. You need to be logged in to your Facebook before doing this step – https://www.facebook.com/friends/organize?source=feed_action
2. From this page you can really organize and categorize those friends of yours who makes Facebook spam wall posts on your news feed by adding them on your Acquaintances list. For more details on how this feature works you can read more about “How do I use lists to organize my friends?“. The gist about the Acquaintances list is that it will give you less updates on your News feed when your friend is included in this list.
There you have it the three options on how to hide or avoid Facebook spam wall posts from your friends without them knowing and without offending them.
I hope you find this helpful, or if you can suggest more options on how to avoid spammy messages on Facebook News feed you are more than welcome to provide me feedback.