How To Register an iTunes Account Without Credit Card On iPhone 4S
If you are new to Apple products such as their iPhone 4S like me then probably you are still not aware that you will be needing an iTunes Apple ID (account ID) and credit card to download apps from iTunes store. And in the process of registration especially if you do it straight into your iPhone 4S, you will need to input your credit card details. Admittedly, it’s better to be a little bit paranoid than careless. That is why there are others like me who doesn’t like saving credit card details on almost anything even on our own personal mobile smartphones. But if you want to download an application from iTunes Store, even those free apps, you will need to have an iTunes Apple ID. The problem is that when you try to register an iTunes Apple ID straight from your iPhone 4S, it will ask you to input some of your credentials and along with it is your credit card details.
For the same reason, I wanted to share with you how you can register an iTunes Apple ID without putting your credit card details. There are no tricks or difficult steps needed and you don’t need to be a technical person to do this. You just need to follow the steps and screenshots below.
To register an iTunes Apple ID, you will need to download and install the latest iTunes application for your computer. If you already have one installed in your computer then you may proceed to the next steps. Otherwise, you can download the latest Apple iTunes here.
Once you have downloaded and installed the latest Apple iTunes into your computer or Mac OS, then we can now proceed with the registration.
Steps On How To Register an iTunes Apple ID Without Putting Your Credit Card Details
Before you start with your registration, I guess I don’t have to remind you that you need to be connected in the Internet otherwise none of these will work. And do ensure that no one is logged into your iTunes application or else you will not be able to create your new iTunes Apple ID. If someone’s currently logged in, sign out first.
1. Connect your iPhone 4S (or any Apple iDevices) into your computer;
2. Open your iTunes application and let it detect your iPhone 4S;
3. Then on your left panel, click the iTunes Store link. Wait until the iTunes App Store opens on your right window panel;
4. Look for the link Great Free App on the right panel and then click it. You should have the screen below. Once you have it, click on any of the free app there like Facebook or Twitter;
5. An overlay window will open asking you to login with your iTunes Apple ID. Click the button below that says – Create Apple ID;
6. Click Continue;
7. Tick the “I have read and agree to these terms and conditions.” and click the Agree button to proceed to the next step;
8. Fill all the necessary and needed information on this page then hit on Continue;
9. This is now the fun part where your credit card will be asked and this is the part where you have the option to opt out putting your credit card details to register an iTunes Apple ID account. Select and click “None” then complete the form. Once completed you may now click the Create Apple ID button.
10. You’re almost there. The next page will say that a verification email was sent to the email address you specified during the registration process. Check your inbox first to see if a verification email was indeed sent to you, otherwise click on the Resend Verification Email again from your iTunes application;
11. You should see an email like the one below and then click the “Verify Now”. Your default web browser will automatically open and it will redirect you to the verification page;
12. You have to sign in to that verification page using the email address you registered and the password you specified to complete the registration, otherwise you still won’t be able to login with iTunes;
13. To confirm that you have now a verified iTunes Apple ID, you should see this window after you click the Verify Address button above;
14. You can now go back to your iTunes application and click on Sign In or click the applications which you wanted to download from iTunes Store. You will again be asked to login using your iTunes Apple ID – just input the email address and password you have just registered;
15. Viola! You are now logged into iTunes and you can now download Apple apps. The most important thing now is you have registered a new iTunes Apple ID without you needing to input any credit card details.
In your iPhone 4S, anytime there’s a need for you to login using an Apple ID just use the one you have just created – the email address and the password you made.
If there is anything that I failed to cover here, just let me know.