How To Turn On/Off Data Services For Nokia N8
This is a short tutorial on how you could turn on or turn off your Nokia N8′s data services. Most of the time especially if you are not a post paid subscriber or if you are only using a pre-paid scheme for your mobile device this data services feature if not turned off can become quite troublesome. Without you noticing it, you might end up surprised because you don’t have anymore load to send out SMS messages or to call someone. Another problem when the data services of Nokia N8 or any other mobile phones is always turned on is it will consume your battery faster. So as much as possible you should turn off your data services if not needed.
So here’s how you can turn on or off Nokia N8′s data services.
- Click or press the Menu button from your Nokia N8;
- Look for the wrench-like button named Settings and then tap it;
- Once you’re inside the Settings menu, scroll down and look for Connectivity then tap it;
- Then scroll down if needed then look again for Settings, again tap it;
- Inside the Connectivity Settings page, look for “Data use in home network”;
- “Data use in home network” by default is set to Automatic – change it to “Always ask”;
- Then press OK, and go back to your home screen.
Basically that’s it and you just need to set it to Automatic if you want to revert the changes.